Work for The Cultural Experience
The Cultural Experience is a small tour operator specialising in art, historical, battlefield and school tours, below are vacancies available now.
The Product Manager will be responsible for researching, designing, writing and maintaining a portfolio of tours. The successful candidate will be passionate about history, have an excellent grasp of the English language, be a confident communicator and negotiator, possess a current driving licence and be willing to travel overseas. Travel industry experience and command of a foreign language would be useful.
Research, write, oversee, evaluate and update new and existing tours:
• Determine commercial and practical feasibility and price accordingly
• Perform competitor analysis and market research
• Determine availability and prices of hotels and restaurants
• Liaise with existing and identify new guides - instruct as required
• Provide practical support to operations to ensure successful delivery of each tour
• Write brochure and web copy: historical background, general introduction, daily itineraries, appropriate images and quotations
• Assist marketing to identify digital marketing collateral
• Perform post tour evaluation and action appropriately
• Manage production of tour handouts
• Create and price bespoke itineraries
• General office support as required
• Occasional travel to attend exhibitions, familiarisation trips and recces
• Opportunity to act as tour manager
• An appreciation of archaeology, history and military history
• Confident communicator and negotiator
• Articulate with the English language
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• Willing to travel overseas
• Current driving licence
To be considered for this role, apply now!
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter explaining how your skills and personality would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome approaches by academics, historians and retired senior officers who would like to guide our tours. We would like to hear from convivial raconteurs confident in their subject who enjoy travel. If that’s you, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com so we can explore mutually beneficial opportunities.
For more information on current vacancies, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.